Tuesday, April 15, 2008

World of packing lightly!

We are spending this week packing lightly. We will be gone for a long time and packing lightly doesn't equal a long trip, so I am in this huge dilemma over what to take and what not to take. The weather in Russia is just like East Coast spring weather with warm and cold days, so do I bring sweaters or lighter clothing? I'm not too worried about Luke's clothes because he will wear the same thing everyday if he could, and he may have to!

We have a list of questions the judge may ask us during our court date, and I'm telling you it's a lot of questions. I am a little apprehensive about our court date and feeling intimidated which I've heard you will, but I'm praying for strength to get through it and wisdom to answer correctly. I think we will be the first adoption case in front of this new judge, so I'm trying not to be fearful.

Luke is having food issues. He believes that there will not be anything to eat in Russia that he will like, but I have reassured him that they loves potatoes there and if all else fails, you can eat potatoes the whole time. He was happy with that! We are staying with Galina, and she is a very good cook too!

We don't have our visas yet, but hopefully those will be in the mail soon. I dislike last minute anything, so I'm trying to get done what I can and not worry about the visas.

As I was packing for Hannah, I realized I have lots of warm clothes for her and not any spring/summer clothes, so I went to Target yesterday and picked up some summer clothes. This is where the gift cards we received for our shower came in very handy. I used all of them and remembered to get Hannah a brush and comb set! Thank you again everyone for your gift cards, for they helped me out so much yesterday!

On Sunday someone said to me, oh my, you are leaving in one week! Now, I knew I was leaving in one week, but for some strange reason, when I heard that from someone else it made my stomach jump and it’s been jumping since then! Ready, set, gone! That’s what I need.

Thanks for stopping by our blog page. We hope to put in pictures and video while we are in Russia. Once the judge gives her verdict we will be able to share pictures of Hannah on our blog! Yeah!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen Clark said...

Each day is another one closer to you going to get your precious girl! We are praying for you as you pack, unpack, and pack again . . :)

Karen