Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hannah went to the petting farm

Luke, Hannah and I went to a local petting farm the other day, and if anyone goes there and the animals aren't quite right, I can tell you why. Curious George (Hannah) was definitely on high alert that day, and I believe every animal that she could get her hands on had a complete examination. Here is a list of the effected animals. All the goats were checked for teeth, ears, eyes, bellies, and tails lifted and checked, and some baby goat's hooves were inspected when Hannah could overpower them. The sheep were lucky because they were behind the fence, but she insisted we go and get her brush so she could brush out their mangled hair. Next was the horse, donkey and Emu. The poor Emu didn't see this one coming and I didn't see that one go! The Emu was sitting right by the fence and Hannah ran over and poked him right in the eye and tried to hug the scared thing by grabbing his skinny little neck. I got there right before it was ready to unfold. The donkey made off pretty good because she only put her finger down his ear, but the horse I guess outsmarted Hannah all together. This horse came inches away from Hannah and decided it was time to gave this little thing a shower. He must of thought it would scare her away, but to his dismay she was ready to come into the pen and get a closer look! I tried to stop this madness, but she was having the time of her life. Now when we got to the chickens, she wasn't that interested in them as much as the rabbits behind the cages she couldn't get to, so everyone there was fairly safe. A baby goat got a bucket stuck on his head, and I'm not sure if Hannah had anything to do with this. Thankfully, we got the bucket off and no one was injured.

This is a completely different experience compared to going there with Luke. He would never touch this much and never care about the animals' bodies. It was a wake-up for me next time we visit a petting farm! In our next adventure to the petting farm, I envision a protest of animals at the entrance with signs "Hannah please don't touch us or Hannah the word is petting!"

2 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I love the new photos, especially the one of H's first 4th of July!

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

The Eisenga's said...

Melissa, would you be willing to call me? I have a few adoption questions for you if you'd be willing. I'm Kara, we're with AWAA as well, waiting on a little girl. If you would be willing, email me back at karaeisenga@hotmail.com and I'll give you my phone number. Thank you! Kara