Thursday, May 15, 2008

Moving On

We went to the US embassy two days ago to get Hannah her visa so she can enter the USA! It was a day I needed to experience. We went there with another couple from Tennessee who just adopted three children. They were siblings and have been in and out of the orphanage many times. As we arrived, there was a long line of Russians waiting to get inside to get a visa, but we were ushered in front of the line and brought inside right away. We went through security and upstairs to a waiting area. When we got there no one else was in the room and then the room began to fill up with lots of Americans adopting. I looked around and wanted to cry because my heart was about to bust with all of us in the room waiting to take our little ones home. I wanted to kiss the ground because everyone was speaking English and it was like music to my ears. I guess that’s the same way Hannah feels when she is listening to us speak all day. Of course Hannah decided she wanted nothing to do with this event, so when we were called up and ask to raise our right hands, and I was holding her and she went right down and almost did a back flip. She has the timing down!

One thing we have found very helpful with Curious George (I mean Hannah), is if we keep her purse in one hand she can’t reach out and take-grab-touch things. She still has managed to grab a lady’s shiny belt buckle, touch a little girls braided hair, take a teddy bear out of someone’s bag (almost came home with us), and feel a woman’s fur coat. She seems to be getting used to our family because she doesn’t have as many meltdowns as the first few days, so thanks to our pray warriors… we need that so much!

I keep counting the days until we are leaving and pushing the days. I thought one day was Wednesday and much to my dismay it was only Tuesday, but today is Thursday and we leave on Friday!!!!! Now who’s on first??? Thanks to everyone for your kind messages and support. I can not express my joy I had while reading them, and with many of them I would just cry!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Dear Tanya,
I think you are really cute. I can't wait to meet you in person.
From your friend,

Emi

Sandy said...

Luke,

I can't wait until you come back. You are so lucky you get to miss Fine Arts Night. I just don't like singing. Alicia is excited that your Mom is coming back.

From "Benny"

Sandy said...

James 1:4

4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Your journey has been wrought with so many experiences and emotions, some great and some not so great. Yet, you know...we know... that every part of your journey has been necessary for you. God is intentional and specific as He shapes us in to the people we are becoming until we are perfected on the day of His return. Thank you for persevering and sharing with us God's use of you in life.

Jean said...

God bless you and the newest Sheldon! I look forward to meeting Little Hannah. JeanS.