Sunday, May 18, 2008

Re-entry a little bumpy

We are home at last, and the flight was good but painfully long. Tanya did great and we couldn't have ask for better, so we praise God for our good trip back. We are trying to get into life again, but having a hard time with the jet lag. We hope to feel better soon, and that would help with just about everything right now. Tanya is adjusting to being an American and seems to be settling down a bit. We are still having a hard time with her eating. She doesn't like anything but Cheerios, so we hope that will change soon. Luke is also having a very hard time with having a sister and not being the only child. I didn't think this would be so bad, but like all children who have a new sibling it's hard on them. Our worship leader at church prayed for us last Sunday,and he hit it right on the nose by praying for our transition time as a family. That seems to be the hardest thing right now, but I know there will be other bumps to follow.

A funny story about ice. Most Americans are so use to having ice in our drinks, but little Tanya has never had ice in her drink, and on the airplane I thought she was going to burst when they gave her ice. She was staring at it like it was from another planet. Since we came home, she will request ice just so she can stare at it. She does like to eat it, but it's kinda like watching a love/hate relationship.

Anyway, I can not express how great it is to be back home again. My first two days home, I couldn't utter the word home without crying. It was nice to visit but there's no place like home!

5 comments:

Karen Clark said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! I will continue praying for God to be with each of you as you transition. There are so many people lifting you up in prayer right now--people you don't even know. Rest in that knowledge today, my friend.

Karen

Heather Brandt said...

Welcome home! I love all the photos you have posted!

heather

mfoley said...

Scott and Missy:
I'm so glad to hear about your re-entry. It brings back all those memories. If I can help at all, please let me know!! Congrats!

Jaime said...

Thank-you for coming to the worship service the Sunday right after your arrival and letting us meet Hannah and see you all. Thanks for sharing so much of yourselves in the past and these days too!

Cheryl said...

Welcome home. I hope every day that passes makes the transition easier for all of you. Your life has changed 100%, and all change, even the best, is stressful. Try your best to get a little 'you' time in there, OK?