Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A New Paperwork low

Well, if it can actually happen, it did with me yesterday. I hit rock bottom with re-doing paperwork. It has to be beyond perfect and I'm trying to make sure that is happening, but obiviously that is not happening. So, I'm running around yesterday getting things notarized, and seeing the sites in Annapolis again from the state office who seals my documents. I know them, and they know me by now. I feel like I should have lunch with them sometime. Christi gave me good advice yesterday, always expect the worst and then it won't be so bad. Well, anyone who knows me knows, I am the glass half full type of person. My lows aren't too bad and seldom happen, and I'm thankful for that. For someone like me to expect the worst, well it's not how God designed me to be, so that's a hard place to go, but going through this journey of adoption has opened many emotions that I didn't know existed. There is not one person who has adopted that hasn't mention the endless paper trail, so as I march in the trenches of wasted trees please recall that alone I am not. We have our moments of "That is Enough," and perhaps we have an adult temper tantrum, and then God grants us a brand new day! See the glass is half full!

Your love oh Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness stretches to the sky........

2 comments:

joan said...

HI!
YOU AND SCOTT ARE IN OUR PRAYERS THAT THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU THE PATIENCE THROUGH THIS. LOOK AT THE REWARD WHICH IS HANNAH. YOU WILL LOOK BACK SOMEDAY AND SEE THAT IT WAS WORTH IT. I WISH THEY WOULD CHECK A LOT OF THE PARENTS THAT HAVE CHILDREN IN THE USA AND YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO GO SO FAR FOR A CHILD. I HOPE THIS IS THE END OF THE PAPERWORK AND YOU WILL GET THE CALL TO GO TO RUSSIA. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. WE LOVE YOU AND YOURS,
MOTHER AND DAD

mfoley said...

Missy,
I think you're right that most adoptive parents get very weary of the paperwork. You've had more than your share! But, every adoptive parent -- myself included -- also always says it was totally worth it!!! It'll be over soon and then you'll have your precious angel.

Maureen