Sunday, March 30, 2008

What a ski week!!!

We are back from Christmas town, or should I say, Whistler, Canada, and I experienced more snow than Santa gets in the North pole. It snowed everyday and there was fresh powder for all the ski hounds like never before. I enjoy the snow, but when I can't see two feet in front of me, I have a hard time navigating down a steep slope on skies. At times, it was like skiing by braille, "oh I didn't see that mogul in front of me or that skier dressed in white on this snowy mountain." Sorry, but you really shouldn't wear white in a snowstorm! Scott and Luke didn't care at all, so what, a lot of snow is great, and I couldn't get Luke out of tree skiing. He loves to go into the trees and ski, so they both popped into the forest and I prayed down below both of them will pop out at the bottom. I like groomed runs and going down at a nice speed, they like bumps and trees, so we try to find both that satisfies our needs. At the end of each day, we were one tired family, but in the morning we would wake up and do it all again. Yesterday on our long trip home, even Luke said his little legs were hurting, imagine that!

To help us relax on our vacation, (yes, I'm being facetious) we got a call from America World telling us we have a court date. We were overjoyed to finally get this news, but we were told we may have to go on April 3rd. So, here we are in Canada, riding a lift to one of the top peaks, Scott's phone buzzes, he looks at the number and I said, it's our adoption agency we need to call them at the top. We get off the lift and go over to a snowy little hut and call Kristen, and she says, can you get your visa asap, you are going to Russia soon. First, the joy, then the oh my gosh, we can't send out our passport from Canada, how will we get out? So, after a few days of waiting to find out when we will actually we travelling, AW told us to stay put, enjoy the rest of your vacation because it looks like we will be leaving April 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!

We probably would not have gone skiing if we would have know this was coming so quickly. Before we left, I probably drove Christi crazy asking her a million times if she thought we would get called soon. She told us (in her best judgment) to go and have fun that we probably wouldn't hear anything until we got back, but we did hear and we are so much praising God for this wonderful news! Look out little one we are coming to get you and bring you home! I still can't believe this is finally happening.

2 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Sheldons--I'm going to go ahead and update the prayer request page. I'm so excited for you!

Heather Brandt

Karen Clark said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are thrilled for you. Go and get your little girl. Our hearts are with you every step of the way.

Karen Clark