Thursday, March 6, 2008

To ski or not to ski......

Well, that was the question over the past few days because we were not sure if during Luke's spring break we would be skiing or in Russia. We would rather be in Russia, but it doesn't look like we will hear anything until the end of March which translates to leaving sometime in April. So, we are going skiing in Whistler, which we usually go every year, but this year we were prepared not to go. We made the plans long before we knew about our first trip to Russia. Scott and I love to ski and now Luke has become a very good skier, and now he waits for me to catch up to him on the mountain and I don't like that, but I knew the day was coming (so soon?). Skiing is my favorite vacation and we have a blast! We go on horse-drawn sleigh rides, have dinners in teepee's, go tubing, sit in a outside hot tub while it's 20 degrees outside and snowing, go to ranches and sing cowboys songs,and attend church service outside on the mountain while sitting in a twenty passenger sleigh. I remember last year we were on the mountain looking for bear cubs because someone told us they were out(what were we thinking). Eveyone knows where there's baby cubs, the mommy's not far away! Anyway, its fun and I glad we are going, but still wish we were going to Russia instead. I wonder if Hannah will like to ski. I think she will experience it one way or another in this skiing family.

I had some paperwork returned to do-over, boy, I hate do-overs, but I have sent them back and hopefully that is all. We have Hannah's room all ready for her. It is painted pink and yellow with a quilted bedspread of flowers and butterflies. I have been buying her clothes and now they are hanging up in her closet ready for her to wear. A friend of mine got Hannah two coats (a great deal this time of year)which I will take to Russia. One is white with furry trim and one is purple and sparkles. I never really thought a lot about all the cute little girl clothes, but right now I am having fun buying them.

Some friend of ours are having a shower for us next week, and I'm so grateful for this kindness. It has been a long road and I wish to celebrate this wonderful moment with everyone. Some folks have said to me or Scott, you will be changing her life to such a better life, but what I want everyone to know, she is changing our life forever too. God personally picked out Hannah for us and we are the lucky ones.

No comments: