Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No News is Good News?

Maybe in the real world "no news is good news", but in the adoption world that saying isn't true. We haven't heard from Russia concerning our court date and that is what we are waiting for now. We should get a two week notice because we need time to get our visas. We are still hopeful that we will go in April!

Last Saturday some of my friends give us a baby (little girl) shower, and it was the first time since all this started I was actually able to celebrate our adoption. I had no paperwork to think about or wondering when we were going on trip one, so this day allowed me to share, celebrate and rejoice with others. You may think, well that's weird, haven't you been celebrating, well no, because most of time my thougths and busyness are tied up in all the stuff you need to do for an international adoption, and that really gets in your way of the essence of this wonderful event. So, during the party I was able to laugh, cry and be happy that soon Hannah will be coming home. Thanks everyone who came to hear our stories and share in our joy. I can't wait until I can introduce her to all of you!

I also share in the joy of many other families that are in my chat group online that are travelling to Russia on trip one or trip two. My friend Karen (who I have never met, but hope to someday) is in the same region we are in and went to Voronezh two weeks after we did, so we are both waiting to hear about trip two. It's great to have someone in the same region so we can share information, but what is even greater is seeing movement in Russia and children going home to their forever families. We are waiting Lord in your perfect timing!

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

Karen Clark said...

You are a blessing to me as well, my new friend. We will keep each other encouraged and reminded that "HE is in the waiting too"!
Blessings,
Karen

p.s. have a blast skiing!

Journey of Faith said...

Melissa,
I am so glad to hear that you guys are leaving soon to get your little girl. I have to agree with you about the shower. My friends at church had a little boy shower for us just after the New Year. It was a strange feeling to celebrate, wasn't it? I felt almost guilty- like I can't really celebrate yet- he's not home. Then later in the party, I felt so exposed- I realized it was the first time I had let myself realize that it was really going to happen- after 2 years I could actually begin to celebrate our son coming home.

Your post reminded me of those feelings. Know we will be praying for you and celebrating with you the expansion of your family.

God's speed and protection over you and your family!!

Blessings,
Debbie Swingle
(AWAA chat group)