Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Febreze and Toilet Paper to Go.........




Well, yesterday I felt like I won the lottery because I found, which I didn't know some company had already invented, toilet paper to go! I was literary happy as could be because of this wonderful find! Our agency told us, bring your own toilet paper because your two choices are sandpaper or none, so we were told to save half rolls here at our house. Well, we failed miserably at that pursuit because we kept forgetting. When I would remember there would be around four squares left, too late! I told my coordinator about my find and she said "I know, I take that on every mission trip." Who would have known?

Another interesting item popped up in a conservation at church the other day. We need to pack light due to space restraints in Russia, so wearing the same clothing more than once is necessary. I was telling some friends this, and one of them kinda breezed into the conversation handed me this lovely book and added you need to buy FebreZe, it will take the nasty smells out of your clothes. Yesterday, that was one of my purchases, so I took an item of smelly clothing out of the hamper and FebreZed it. Sure enough it was smelling nice in about two minutes. So, then my mind started racing, hey, I'm on to something here. Could this decrease my laundry load? My husband's one time wear policy! All the possibilities were swarming in my head. Even a commercial....Wow Missy your clothes smell so nice...Oh thank you...I've been FebreZed! And then I came back from La La Land and realized, that's not going to make it here in the good old USA, much less our household, but in Russia, I'm good to go! We've been FebreZed!

Good news, I talked with Natasha yesterday, and she told me that it looks very good for us to get our visa's in time before we leave. That is one very important item you can't leave home without.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Missy and Scott,

we are so excited for your family that the process to adopt is moving forward. It was fun to talk with you on Sunday and hear how God is working (as well as to witness the Febreeze "aha" moment)! To me it has been exciting to think how God has adopted us and how great His love is for us. Thanks for starting the blog so we can share in your journey.

Hugs,
Ron and Leisa Hidey