Friday, January 18, 2008

Still trying to take it all in.....

Well, we are back in Moscow and the train ride was long but we slept a little. Today, Ana is taking us around Moscow to see the sights. I am very tired today and I'm still trying to put together everything that has happened since being here. We had a wonderful stay in Voronezh and the people here couldn't be more loving. I cried when we left the train station because everyone took us there to see us off.It was Galina (stayed at her home)with her daughter Kristina, our translator Nick, our driver Sergei. I felt like Dorthy leaving Oz and all her new friends. They stood outside our train window waving and blowing kisses. In fact this whole trip has felt like being in OZ.

This is a part two email because I couldn't get it done this morning, so I will tell you how our day went. Ana took us around Moscow today and we went to Red Square, Lenin's tomb, St. Basil's Cathedral, and some more shopping. They love to see American's come in and shop. It was a very cold day but exciting to see these things I have read about my whole life. We are leaving tomorrow to come back to US Land, and I will be happy to return. I miss everyone, but I miss someone here too that is tugging at our hearts, so that makes it hard to leave.

While we were in the orphanage after spending some time with Tatiana, the Director was asking our translator questions she wanted him to ask us, and while she was asking him the questions Tatiana was answering them without me knowing what they were saying yet. Here is what director wanted Nick to translate to us. DO you think you are going to adopt this little one? Are you ready to take her back to America? Do you think she will like living there? All of these questions were answered by Tatiana saying Da (YES!!!!!),and she wasn't even asking her yet! We have lots of pictures of her and video of the kids in her group, her bedroom and playroom. I can't wait until I am allow to share them.

We were able to talk to Luke using Skype and our webcam, so we were able to look at each other and talk. It was very good for mommy because I sure do miss him. It's free and worth it's weight in gold if you have family far away. It really made me feel good seeing Luke and him seeing us!

I'm very tired again and will be until I get back on Maryland time so.........
Good night Luke in Maryland, Good night Tatiana in Voronezh! I know someday soon we will all be together in Maryland! And I'm headed there tomorrow! Hooray!

4 comments:

joan said...

HI!
WE ARE EXCITED THAT YOU HAD A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR DAUGHTER AND THE PEOPLE IN RUSSIA. I WOULD LIKE TO PRINT YOUR BLOG BUT NOT SURE IT CAN HAPPEN. WE WILL BE PRAYING THAT THE PLANE RIDE BACK IS GOOD. IT IS WONDERFUL THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO TALK AND SEE LUKE. HE NEEDED THAT AS HE WAS VERY SAD THAT HE MISSED THE FIRST TELEPHONE CALL WHEN I TALKED TO HIM.
WE WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR ALL OF THE NEWS FROM THIS TRIP AND WHEN YOU WILL BE GOING BACK TO BRING YOUR DAUGHTER HOME TO AMERICA. I AM GLAD THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS WANTING TO COME. MAYBE WE CAN MEET YOU IN ATLANTA WHEN YOU COME BACK FROM RUSSIA ON THE SECOND TRIP.

LOVE TO ALL OF YOU,
MOTHER AND DAD AKA JOAN AND JACK

julie said...

Sis...great to hear that you and Scott slept a little on the train ride. I know that you both needed that after all the excitement you have been experiencing with Tatiana. She sounds wonderful and I know that you are really having a life experience through the country, adoption and the kind people that you have met. I will be praying that your travel back will be safe and that I will hear from you soon. Luke sounded good when I spoke to him the other night. He is excited to see you both. He said his scripture verse for me and it was outstanding. Way to go Luke. I'm so proud of him. He is a wonderful young man. I think the world of him. Miss you and I will talk to you soon. God speed. It is cold here too. Tell Scott hello. Love Julie (Sis)

Karen Clark said...

Hi Melissa,

It's Karen Clark. I have been reading your blog diligently since we will be leaving for Voronezh ourselves on Feb. 4th. When you get home and get some rest, I would be so grateful to have a chance to chat with you. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
Blessings,
Karen

Jaime said...

I am sooo excited about your wonderful and smooth trip and your meeting Tatiana. Scott's mother at church yesterday told me more about how well things were going. We are thankful to God and are also thankful to you for giving you that desire in your hearts to adopt a little girl from Russia. God bless you all!