Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Two days down

Well, the last two days have been nothing short of stressful, but we were able to get our visa's in the mail yesterday. Getting stuff done during the holidays have been a struggle, but yesterday we got passport pictures taken for our visas. To go into Russia you need a visa, but can only get that once you are told to go. It took Scott around three hours to complete our visa forms, and now we have to do many other tedious things before we leave.

Since we will be spending most of our time traveling, we are starting to think about what books to take, movie to watch, and things to do. Scott ask Luke if he could take his Nintendo, and I had to laugh, but he was serious. So I guess that may come too!

I am also thinking about what it's going to be like meeting Tatiana for the first time. Our coordinator Christi said all the mommies cry, but make sure you tell the translator to say these are tears of joy not sadness, so Tatiana will not get upset. What is that moment going to be like for Tatiana? Hi, we are you parents, be prepared to get out of here! A song from a movie popped into my head the other day that my mom took me to when I was around ten years old. It was starring Babara Streisand, titled "Funny Girl", and she sang this song which one part of the lyrics goes like this "Get ready for me love cause I'm a comin" and that is my desire for Tatiana. She will feel our love and know we are her parents, coming to take her home soon.

I am also remindered about God's promise to Moses in Exodus 3:8 "So I have come down to recue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey." Sometimes I forget how good it is here in the U.S. where food is plentiful. I wish it were that way everywhere!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Missy,

I love that you're doing this blog. It will be a great reminder of our journey and it is a neat way to let folks know what we're doing.

Scott

julie said...

Sis,
I think this is a wonderful way of journaling your thoughts on the new addition to your family. I really enjoyed reading the blog. I have been praying for this moment every step of the way for the both of you. I am very excited for you both and I love you so much. This touches my heart to know the wonderful joy you will bring this little girl as well as she will bring you. She sounds amazing and God is truly taking a hand in all of this, and I know that this is a blessing to us all. I can't wait to meet her as well and experience the joy that she brings to all of you. You both have some much to offer and share with another child in your home. God Bless you both. I love you.
Julie