Thursday, January 10, 2008

Leaving in three days........


Well, we are leaving in three days and our visa's should arrive tomorrow, we are hopeful! The packing isn't going too good. It's this thing about cold cold weather and big big sweaters.

Anyway, I found another fascinating thing that everyone has told me is a must to take (beside our toilet-paper-to-go)and again didn't know about it, toilet seat covers to-go. It's a little compact five cover packet, oh how wonderful! Seeing that I have restroom issues covered (ha ha), I'm moving into what to take and what to leave. You may be thinking this can not be that hard, but let me tell you, I am lead to know that bringing gifts for people who help you while you are there is fun to do. We have no problem with this because I love giving gifts, so we need to think of everyone that will be dealing with us and that's a lot of people. I definitely want to take good care of the workers at the orphanage because I am leaving Tatiana in their good care until we go back, so I heard they like American chocolate bars, so I have lots of American chocolate bars with us. You know, those things weigh a lot in your baggage, now it all make sense.

Another person we care deeply about is the ministry of education. We will see him on this trip and he is the man in charge. He will ask us back and complete are adoption besides the judge (next trip).

As I move away from the packing issues and on to the true issues. We covet your prayers while we are in Russia. There are so many things that can go wrong, and knowing people are lifting us up to the One who can make it all right, gives us so much comfort. Thank you......

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

No comments: