Monday, January 28, 2008

First Time seeing Tatiana

Scott and I were having lunch in the director's office (which is a separate building from where the children live), and after we finished they told us the nurse will bring in Tatiana very soon. I was looking out the window and saw in the distance the nurse with this little wrapped up child coming toward the office. As they stepped into the door, I had huge waves of emotions like the rush of the first hill on a roller coaster. I didn't know if I wanted to laugh, cry, jump up and down, it was incredible. She came in already talking to the woman who was with her, and she was extremely personable from the time she walked in. Now, the director gave her a piece of candy and told her not to open it. We didn't know that is what she said , so we kept looking at her playing with this piece of candy and not opening it. We thought she didn't know how to open it. While she was playing with it, they were talking with her and she would look over at us. Again, we were not sure what was being said, but they were probably explaining to her about us. Then after ten minutes the director told her she could eat the candy, and she immediately opened the candy and put most of it in her mouth. I think they wanted to show us she listens to instructions and obeys them. I wasn't even thinking about that; I was just looking at her and thinking that's my little girl sitting over there and I want to get up and hug her and tell her to take my hand we're taking you home.

1 comment:

Lori said...

oh, Missy, I know...I just want to fly over there now and bring my daughter home. It doesn't seem that such a wonderful process of bring a child into your home should be so painful. You just described exactly how I felt when I first laid eyes on my daughter. I pray that we will all go back soon and bring our children home.