Thursday, January 17, 2008

We feel your prayers

We are in Voronezh in case some of you do not know. Our train ride was very good and we slept most of the way. Everything is running like clockwork and we feel very comfortable. We had a very good day yesterday meeting the ministry of education. He was very nice and let us take pictures of him. Later that day, we had a tour of the city. There is a whole story here, but I will have to save that for later. I am using a computer in our facilitator's home. We are staying here with her and her daughter who speaks very good english, and she is so funny and cute.

The biggest news is we went to the orphanage to meet Tatiana today, and it was wonderful. Everyone treated us so nice and we had two meals prepared for us with the asst. director. She was very friendly and laughed a lot. They brought Tatiana in to meet us and I held it togehter pretty good. (that is one answer to pray), and she was adorable, and both of us fell in love with her. It was very hard to leave her there, but she is in good hands until we bring her home. Later, we will post some pictures from the back so you can get an idea of her. She is very small and wears a 3T slim or some 2T. She warmed up to us quickly and we had many hugs and kisses. I was able to meet the other children in her group and see where she sleeps and eats and goes potty. We are very tired, very long day for all of us. There is so much to write, but not the time now.

Thank you for praying for us. Tomorrow we see the MOE again to sign papers to adopt her, and Nick will take us around to shop, and then we will be back on the train going back to Moscow.

Thanks to everyone for checking in. We are reading your posts and they are giving us much needed love and prayers. We feel it all the way here because we have a very big God!

8 comments:

julie said...

Well SIs...your probably sleeping....it shows 2:00 a.m. in the morning where you are. We still had school today. The boys were bummed and the weather was cold and miserable. But it still was a wonderful day. We are working on our Second Grade PTO program. It went well, I'm in charge this year again. I love to do it anyway.

I love to hear what you are doing. I wish I could be there with you to experience the whole journey. She was giving you hugs. I wish I could see a pic. I know you are sending them when you can. What was the orphanage like and how many other children were there? Did you only see her or were other children with her when she met you both. I know that Luke is probably wondering what is going on as well. I am going to try and call him tonight to see how he is doing. I love you and I am praying each day for the paper work, meetings and transportation to go smoothly. Miss you. I can't wait to hear more. Julie (sisterK)

julie said...

Well SIs...you're probably sleeping....it shows 2:00 a.m. in the morning where you are. We still had school today. The boys were disappointed and the weather was cold and miserable. But it still was a wonderful day. We are working on our Second Grade PTO program. It went well, I'm in charge this year again. I love to do it anyway.

I love to hear what you are doing. I wish I could be there with you to experience the whole journey. She was giving you hugs. I wish I could see a pic. I know you are sending them when you can. What was the orphanage like and how many other children were there? Did you only see her or were other children with her when she met you both. I know that Luke is probably wondering what is going on as well. I am going to try and call him tonight to see how he is doing. I love you and I am praying each day for the paper work, meetings and transportation to go smoothly. Miss you. I can't wait to hear more. Julie (sisterK)

joan said...

Hi!
IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL. I TALKED TO LUKE FOR A FEW MINUTES TONIGHT. I HOPE LYNN GETS ON THE BLOG AND HE WRITES YOU A NOTE. SHE IS TRYING. I HAVE TROUBLE TOO SO I HOPE THIS GETS TO YOU. WE ARE WAITING TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP AND YOUR DAUGHTER. WE ARE PRAYING FOR A SAFE TRIP HOME.
LOVE MOTHER AND DAD AKA JOAN AND JACK

lynn sheldon said...

This is a wonderful way to keep us up to date, thanks so much. Luke hated missing your call, but I told him everything and why you couldn't talk.
All your stories make me tear up! They are so precious! Know it was hard to leave, but you have a very excited to see you little boy! He has not cried or been sad, except when Julie talked to him and then it was over in a minute. He and I are doing fine! Miss you and see you soon! Love Lynn and Luke & Bob too!

melanie said...

So thankful to hear all is running smoothly. Mostly I am rejoicing that you have seen and held your precious daughter. I can't wait to hear more about the trip!
mel

Unknown said...

Hi Scott, Missy, and Tatiana - We are so excited for the 3 of you (plus Luke). Safe travels on the way home - it looks and feels a lot like Moscow here in Columbia today! - The Mumfords

Sandy said...

TH. 10:20 PM It finally happened...I can't tell you how happy I am for you, Scott, Luke and Tatiana. It is overwhelming. Luke is doing great. We had a safe ride home and the kids were happy to see each other and are looking forward to their sleepover on Sunday. Can't wait to hug you. Love, Sandy

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Psalm 34:8

Kristina said...

Hello Missy and Scott!It's Kristina!I accidentally got on this paje and saw your blog!it's amazing and very touching to read this.
How was your ride to Moscow?I hope it was wonderful and your flights were wonderful too. I want you to see veryyyy soon.Good bye! Good luck!Kristina